GSM -Global System for Mobile Communications
- Coverage – GSM has a wide coverage
- Identification – uses of SIM (Subscriber Identity Module).
- Roaming – supports roaming with in the country as well international roaming.
- Battery Power – more usage because data is always transmitted
- Data Speed – uses EDGE (Enhanced Data Rates for GSM Evolution) â€“ Approximately 300 kbps.
CDMA – Code Division Multiple Access
- Coverage – Comparatively less coverage as there are many providers for GSM Cards
- Identification – part of phone that is one major disadvantage.
- Roaming – supports romaing but we need to have a separate card for International roaming.
- Battery Power – Less usage.
- Data Speed – uses EDO (Evolution Data Optimized) â€“ up to 2 megabits per second.