PowerPoint 2010 by default opens a presentation file in the view it was saved. But it also provides users with the option for changing the default view for opening the document. The default view for file open can be done using the PowerPoint Advanced Options.
Click the File menu and then the Options link.
In the PowerPoint options screen navigate to Advanced Tab and then scroll down to Display section.
The default view can be changed using the Open all documents using this view drop down available under the display section. The list of available option includes
- The view saved in the file (the default selection)
- Normal – outline, notes and slide
- Normal – thumbnails, notes and slide
- Normal – outline and slide
- Normal – thumbnails and slide
- Normal – notes and slide
- Normal – slide Only
- Outline Only
- Slide Sorter
- After selecting your preferred value for Open all documents this view, click OK button to confirm and save the changes.