This is about the steps required for configuring D-Link Wireless N 150 DSL 2730U for BSNL Broadband Internet Connection.
How to setup BSNL Broadband Internet Connection
- Connect the Power Adapter to Wireless device.
- Connect the Ethernet (any one of the 4 LAN Ports) from Wireless device to the Ethernet adapter on your PC or Mac.
- Switch on the Power on the Wireless device.
- Now you can access the setup page using 192.168.1.1 URL and with the default user credentials as admin/admin.
- Click the Internet Setup option then Add button to configure new WLAN interface.
- For BSNL Broadband the VPI and VCI should be 0 and 35. For other Service Provider check the below table.
- Now select value for Protocol as PPP over Ethernet (PPPoE)
- In the PPP username and password section, enter the credentials received from your service provider.
- Then click the Next button and verify the settings for the WLAN listed under the SETUP – SUMMARY section.
- Click Apply button to confirm and save the changes.
How to enable and secure Wireless Connection
- Navigate to Advanced tab and click the Wireless Basics button.
- Mark the check box with label as Enable Wireless
- Enter the Wireless Network name (SSID). This will be used for identifying and joining your Wi-Fi network.
- After selecting your country, click the Apply button.
- Now to secure your Wireless Connection using WPA mode, click the Security Settings under Advanced tab.
- Select your SSID defined while setting up the basic wireless connection.
- Choose the value for Security Mode as WPA-Personal.
- Select WPA2 Only as the value for WPA Mode.
- Type the password that will be used while connecting to this Wireless Device.
- Click the Apply/Save button to confirm the changes.