In this tutorial we will be seeing how to embed videos in PowerPoint 2010. For example if you want to insert videos from YouTube then there are different ways, like
- Download videos from YouTube to local PC and insert the video file in PowerPoint.
- Using external PowerPoint add-in and insert the YouTube Videos URL
- Embed the Videos in Flash Player.
- Use the built-in feature in PowerPoint 2010.
The easy and simplest solution is to use the built-in feature in PowerPoint 2010. Let us say you want to insert a demo video of how to Configure Gmail in Outlook 2010 in a PowerPoint slide.
1. Access the video in YouTube and click the Share button and then Embed button.
Mark the check box with label as Use old embed code and copy the displayed code starting and ending with object tag.
2. Navigate to the PowerPoint slide where you want to insert the video.
3. Click Insert menu and navigate to Media section. Then click the down arrow available below the Video menu option and select Video from Web Site.
4. Now paste the YouTube Video code in the Insert Video From Web Site window and click Insert button.
5. Adjust the size of the Video box so that you can see proper view of the video during the slide show.
6. Now you can play the embedded video in PowerPoint during the slide show.