Have you ever noticed your screensaver which doesn’t work even when you have enabled it? This should be because you would have your Windows Media Player playing some songs in Windows 7. Your Windows Media Player stops the screensaver even when it is enabled. To make the screen saver work you just have to follow the steps given below,
1. On your Windows Media Player right click and select the option More options
2. From the Player tab you can see the Player settings, from that see the second option – Allow screen saver during playback
3. Select this option and click OK
4. Now make sure your screen saver is set and let your Windows Media Player play the songs and leave the computer untouched and see the screen saver working.
5. I see this option on Windows 7 with the Windows Media Player version 12 (so not sure about other versions and OS)