Many iPhone 4S users have reported problems with their ear speaker. The common problem/symptoms reported by the users are
- Not able to hear the receiver dialing tone and receiver voice in ear speaker but receiver is able to hear.
- Problem does not exist while using Microphone or iPhone 4S built-in speaker.
If your iPhone 4S is still under warranty then you can get a replacement from the Apple Store. But what if you don’t have warranty and bought it from another country?
Here are the list of possible troubleshooting steps suggested by some of the users.
- Switch Off and Switch On your iPhone
- Try Home Screen -> Settings -> General -> Accessibility and set Incoming Calls to Default.
- Try Reset All Settings, Home Screen -> Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset All Settings.
- Push and apply pressure over the ear piece.
- If the phone is covered with screen protector then try removing it.
- Try cleaning the headphone jack and ear speaker.
None of the above was helpful to me but the one mentioned below did the trick.
Make a call to another phone then turn off and on the ringer switch when you hear the dialing tone.