Speed dialing is really a good feature which will be available in all phones. Let me explain about this feature if you are not aware of and then see how to use this. You don’t have to search for a person number or type the number to make a call. All you have to do is to just press 1 or 2 and then call. Isn’t this very simple? Let’s now see how to activate and make use of this.
1. Go to Settings -> Calling -> Call -> you will get a screen
2. Scroll down the screen to find the option Speed dialling, set this to On
3. When you are done with these steps, go to the screen where you usually enter number to make calls.
4. From here click Options -> Speed dial
5. Now you are in the Speed dial screen.
6. You will not be able to use number 1 as it is by default set to voice mail (I am not sure this can be changed). You can use numbers from 2 to 9. Therefore you can set up to 8 numbers for speed dial.
7. Click number 2 and Options -> Assign, this will take to the address book where you have to select a person stored in your address book.
8. When selected you can see from the below screenshot that number 2 is assigned to a person called Justin.
9. When you want to make a call to Justin, henceforth you don’t have to waste time by searching for him or entering the number.
10. Go to the screen where you usually enter number to make calls, then press 2 and click call. This will now make call to Justin. Like this you can make use of all the number till 9 and assign each number to the people to whom you make frequent calls.