When you are out of office and would like to make auto reply to the mails that you receive, you can use the Out of Office Assistant which will do this job for you automatically. Here are the steps to setup Out of Office reply in Outlook 2013, Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2007.
Out of Office in Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2010
In Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013, Out of the office replies option is available as part of Info menu. Click File menu and then navigate to Info menu as shown below
Under the Info section, click the Automatic Replies button.
This would display the following Automatic Replies windows as shown below
To set an Out of the Office reply in , then select the radio button with label as I am currently Out of the Office and type the message for the reply in the text area available below the label with description as AutoReply only once to each sender with following text. Click OK to confirm and save the changes.
Out of Office in Outlook 2007
1. Open your Microsoft Outlook 2007
2. Click Tools -> Out of Office Assistant
3. You will get the window as shown below, where you will have to select “I am currently out of the office” option
4. After selecting this option, type in the message that you wish to send to the person who awaits your reply. Like the one displayed in the above screenshot. Say OK and you are done.
5. This message will be sent to the user automatically who send a mail to you.