iPad 2 can be made secured by setting a passcode for the device. This can be done using the iPad settings. To turn on the passcode in iPad,
- Tap the Settings icon on the Home Screen.
- In the General Settings screen, navigate to Passcode Lock.
- This would display the following screen on the right hand side. Tap the Turn Passcode On option.
- In the Set Passcode screen, enter a passcode of your choice.
- Confirm the passcode by re-entering the passcode again
- In the Require Passcode screen, set the time period after which iPad 2 will prompt for Passcode.
Specifying shorter times will be more secure but then make sure you don’t get annoyed if it is going to repeatedly ask for the passcode even if it idle for a small period of time.