Uploading a new theme can be done in many ways, one of the way is to follow these steps below
- Download the themes to your local PC
- If the themes are pacakaged as a RAR or a ZIP file, then you might need an application like WinRAR to extract the files.
- Now these files should be uploaded to the blog hosted site. In oder to upload them, it is wise to have a ftp client like CoreFTP, which is available for free.
- Enter the site details like ftp host name, username and password in the CoreFTP client and connect to the site.
- Once connected with the CoreFTP the left hand side will point to your local hard disk and the right hand side will point your hosted web site.
- Navigate to the themes folder (wp-content/themes/) of wordpress blog, and select the folder which needs to be uploaded on the left hand side and select upload option.
- Once the themes have been uploaded, it should be available in the presenation tab of the wordpress admin section.
Hope this helps..