Gmail allows you to view all your mails offline (mails that are received already) i.e. without internet connection. This will be useful for you when you are travelling and wanted to see the emails from your laptop even when there is no internet connection.
Just follow the below steps to get this feature enabled.
1. Logon to your Gmail
2. Click Settings link and then offline
3. Click the option – Enable Offline Mail for this computer
4. Read through the other options which are very easy to understand and select what you require.
5. Now click save changes button.
6. This will now start installing an application called Gears, follow the instructions to install the this application.
7. When this application is installed you will be asked to close all your browsers.
8. Close and re-start your browsers and re-login to your Gmail account. Click synchronize link which will appear at the top (somewhere near to the settings link)
9. This will start synchronizing all your mails and finally it will show the status – synchronized.
10. You are done now. go to your desktop to see the icon for Gmail’s – Offline Mail (if you have selected the option)