There are times when your mobile phone gets buggy and does not perform well, and you think about reinstalling or flashing the phone. They are very common techniques of getting things right, however these procedures will delete local content and applications from the phone. That is why it is always recommended to first try a hard reset on the phone.
First let’s understand what is Hard Reset? Hard Reset works just like the Reset option in the device, but it performs the resetting function in all areas of the phone’s software, i.e. it will restore the device’s software back to how it was out-of-box. It will delete all the additional applications that were installed in the mobile thereafter, and reset all functions in the phone, clear phone memory, etc.
To perform a hard reset in Samsung Wave 2, follow the steps very carefully:
- First switch off your handset and remove SIM card and Memory Card.
- Now switch on the handset. Open the keypad.
- Dial in this code *2767*3855#
- The hard reset process will start without confirmation. It will take time and after completion, the phone will reboot.
- Enter all the details (date, time, location, language, etc) and once it is fully loaded, you will see that the phone has reset back to how it was when you bought it.