Mobile manufacturers keep releasing updated firmware versions to fix some bugs and also add new features. It is recommended to keep your phone updated with the latest firmware version to fix the bugs and also to have some added features. Here are some steps about how to update the firmware version for your Nokia 5800 XM,
- Take a backup of your phone using the Nokia PC Suite before you go for the updation.
- Make sure your phone has full battery level.
- To know what firmware version you have enter the number *#0000# from the key pad (as you enter numbers to make calls)
- Select Options and then click Check for Updates.
- Select Yes and choose the access point (Wi-Fi / WLAN / GPRS), it is recommended to go with your Wi-Fi / WLAN connection as they are much faster than your GPRS.
- When these steps are done, you will get the update for your phone and then you can follow the on screen instructions to complete the updation.
Some may get errors after they do the update, in that case you can go for a master rest. To do a master reset from the phone’s main screen type *#7780#, it will ask for the lock code enter 12345